Total Package's year at work has been difficult. He traveled constantly, and during our one vacation - Oahu, you'll recall, in April - he worked 14-hour days half the time. So when Thanksgiving came, he was prepared. When I say prepared, I mean he stayed up late several nights, searching online, and found the coolest beach house he could.
Speaking of thanksgiving, I thank the Lord daily for our warm, comfortable house with a big yard for the boys. I can also thank the Lord that although I can't afford a modern/rustic beach house with heated concrete floors, a killer kitchen, high-end appliances and a window-wall that opens like a big glass accordion, I CAN RENT ONE. JUST FOR THREE DAYS!
That was me yelling. (Of course, the Lambs came along, and being the Lambs they immediately helped with the renting part. Thank you, Lambs!)
In the kitchen cupboards I found Heath ceramics:
This bathroom was almost too nice to go potty in. Please review our Labor Day weekend accommodations for a bathroom more suited to our lifestyle.
The beach was down the hill and through some woods and dunes; from there we could see the house, with my dad on the deck.
Waving at Dad...
The boys played on the beach all they wanted. We could watch them from the house, through binoculars or the zoom lens.
Thanksgiving day was cool-but-not-cold with clear sky. My sister and brother-in-law arrived, Happy Meal pushed back the glass wall, and we got the meal ready.
I'm going to skip the details of our feast and get to the most important part:
My sister ditched the traditional the autumn leaf pattern on her double-crust apple pie. After feasting, everyone relaxed on the deck.
It was a beautiful day.
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20
4 comments:
WOW. That is such a cool house! Nice find, Total Package! ;) What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving, all the fam together in such a great location.
Dreamy!!!! Keep blogging, please. I love it! This is so much better than facebook which I can only stand to glance at once a month.
Wow. What a wonderful Thanksgiving. I want to be out on that deck soaking in that sun and eating that pie : )
Very nice...for sale?
Uncle E.J.
Post a Comment