Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gift

Last month we noticed a robin finishing her nest outside our dining-room window. She tucked in a few last twigs and then sat for more than two weeks. I took a hazy photo of her, through the window, with my old, half-broken camera.



Finally, I saw her fly by my kitchen window with a worm in her mouth, so I ducked into the dining room to see the babies. (Nestlings, I believe they're called.) We, of course, decided it was high time for a new camera, and I'm pleased to say it takes great photos:



My neighbor visited and saw the nest - situated at the boys' face-height outside the window - and said, "You couldn't have planned it better." I agreed with her, and told her I know who did.

5 comments:

Megan Miller said...

That is an amazing shot of the scrawny little newborn. Have fun watching them grow!

NaomiG said...

That picture of the nestling is amazing! What a neat experience.

Brooke said...

Awesome! How fun for you and the boys. And a great reason to get the new camera : )

Unknown said...

Wow, great picture! I'm glad you guys found a camera, it looks like its serving you well so far.

The Chatty Housewife said...

What an amazing shot. I'm pretty sure that is the best baby robin shot I have ever seen. You should put it in a contest somewhere.