Tomorrow's the fair,
And I shall be there,
Stuffing my guts
With gingerbread nuts.
Anonymous
It's time for the county fair. The fairgrounds is a whopping four miles from our house, so we can see the glow from the midway, in the sky after the sun goes down. So last Friday we went, with Grandma & Grandpa, and watched the demolition derby and rode go-karts, the Twister and the Worm and ate caramel apples, cotton candy and an elephant ear.
We barely escaped the lure of the Presbyterian Church pie booth:
Pie Problem
If I eat one more piece of pie, I'll die!
If I can't have one more piece of pie, I'll die!
So since it's all decided that I must die,
I might as well have one more piece of pie.
MMMM-OOOH-MY!
Chomp-Gulp-'Bye!
Shel Silversein
We saw alpacas, rabbits, all manner of fowl, beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep & goats, bees (!) and, last but not least, hogs:
Hog-Calling Competition
And I shall be there,
Stuffing my guts
With gingerbread nuts.
Anonymous
It's time for the county fair. The fairgrounds is a whopping four miles from our house, so we can see the glow from the midway, in the sky after the sun goes down. So last Friday we went, with Grandma & Grandpa, and watched the demolition derby and rode go-karts, the Twister and the Worm and ate caramel apples, cotton candy and an elephant ear.
We barely escaped the lure of the Presbyterian Church pie booth:
Pie Problem
If I eat one more piece of pie, I'll die!
If I can't have one more piece of pie, I'll die!
So since it's all decided that I must die,
I might as well have one more piece of pie.
MMMM-OOOH-MY!
Chomp-Gulp-'Bye!
Shel Silversein
We saw alpacas, rabbits, all manner of fowl, beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep & goats, bees (!) and, last but not least, hogs:
Hog-Calling Competition
A bull-voiced young fellow of Pawling
Competes in the meets for hog-calling;
The people applaud,
And the judges are awed,
But the hogs find it simply appalling.
Morris Bishop
2 comments:
Fairs are so much fun! R is so grown up looking in that go kart!
An side from your actual post but are those squash blossoms in the little picture in the upper corner? Like in water as a bouquet? I've never thought of picking them... they'd make such a romantic bouquet.."here Honey I picked you some Squash blossoms" :D Sorry it just struck me as funny. They are a pretty flower I just hardly thought of them as more than a way to get squash.
Post a Comment