Friday, September 12, 2008

Projects


We started school two weeks ago (a week earlier than I wanted to), because when the curriculum arrived and R saw all the books in those boxes, he couldn't wait. I held him off for a week. The weather is so beautiful that we've been doing school at a card table on the front porch, and yesterday we took everything to the park and worked at a picnic table.

Other projects afoot: Blackberry freezer jam!

Our largest undertaking of late, however, is a replica of the Alaska Pipeline that the boys built throughout the house. I believe Prudhoe Bay is here, in the school room:


This looks to me like Thompson Pass. Our pipeline ends here. No Valdez.

You see, we watched a DVD about the building of the pipeline, and the boys felt compelled to make their own. Unfortunately, it was vandalized by a large, canine terrorist shortly after completion.

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Sounds like the boys have been having some educational fun! Cute pipeline. :)

Jenn said...

When I come to read your blog, I always know I'm going to leave laughing! Love the comment about the canine terrorist! LOL!!!
Awesome pipeline! How creative!

NaomiG said...

The pipeline is genius! I love it! Check out my blog, I finally started one. :-)

http://thehappysanitarium.blogspot.com/

Naomi

Miz_K said...

I have seen the actual pipeline and that is a pretty fair replica - good job!
Never tried freezer Blackberry Jam. I always make the cooked kind as my kids always ask me to bring "Grammy Jammy" as Jeff has labeled it.
Miz_K - Vancouver