Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Liff

Liff is a veritable cornucopia of inane blog fodder.  You heard me right. I said liff.  Now I will afflict you with the story of this new word.

The other day I became frustrated with the water-bottle lids floating around my upper cupboard, and decided to make a container for them.  I grabbed one of my empty, cleaned yogurt containers and a Sharpie, and began writing "LIDS" on the side.

Unfortunately, right in the middle of writing the word, I had a daydream.  (This happens to me way too often.)  Sadly, I don't remember what this daydream was about, because if I did I could afflict  you with the content.

Suddenly, I snapped out of my reverie and saw that I was writing the word "LIFE" instead of "LIDS."  I had written almost the whole word, except the two bottom arms of the E.

That's stupid, I thought.  Who in the world needs an empty yogurt container with the word LIFE on it?  I would rather have a nonsense word on my yogurt container!

So I finished the middle arm of the E, and ended up with "LIFF."


I made another container for the lids, and put this one back with the others.

At this point, my mother might comment (and years ago, she did say this to me, ha-ha), "Why do you want people to know that about you??"

I'm doing a service to humanity, that's why.  Now, when all of you do something completely boneheaded and begin wondering if you're losing your mind, you can remember me and feel better.

Now my only problem is what to put in the container.

My oldest child saw me photographing it.  "What's liff?" he asked.

"Liff is what you make it."  I said.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! This reminds me of the tire track of dead grass through the front yard where someone musta been daydreaming and spilled a little Round-up (grrrr), drove through it with the lawnmower then proceeded to drive through the grass. We are human beans, afterall.

The Soares said...

Ha thanks for the laugh! :D ~ SJo

justbenme said...

really glad i found your post. But also even more glad that i found you girls yesterday, because if I hadn't, then i wouldn't have found your blog.

keip smiling.

whit's end mom said...

LIFF is where you put all the Lego pieces and Playmobile pieces that you are too tenderhearted to just throw away, but too tired to actually put back in their respective toy containers. And when the kiddos ask you what the letters stand for, you can just say that they were found and you picked them up and put them on the container until you could figure out where they belonged.