Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oahu

It's hard to know where to begin telling you about our spring break.

I should say first that if it weren't for all the Spouse's hard work, all the hours he spends on airplanes, the miles he logs in rental cars and the nights he spends in hotels, this trip might not have happened.  Besides, the Spouse actually spent three days working in Honolulu while the boys and I relaxed.

We started our trip on the windward side of the Island, at a little old resort called Paradise Bay.


I took this photo on the dock where I had morning coffee and watched the sunrise on Kane'ohe Bay.  The resort is a collection of old WWII barracks on a hillside.  The grounds are small but packed with beautiful trees and plants.  The pool is small but very pretty & relaxing...




Several critters lived in the pool landscaping.  The boys named them.  When the boys weren't swimming, we spent those first days poking around Oahu.


La'ie Point.  In 1946 a tsunami punched a hole in the rock.

 






We got too many great photos for one post.  So next week, Lord willing, I'll share a few more!

4 comments:

The Respectable Redneck said...

Love it!

The Respectable Redneck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ahhhh, I feel much more relaxed just looking at these. Looking forward to seeing some more. :)

Brooke said...

Oh, how fun! And what great pictures.