Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving non-family photos




I think this was our best Thanksgiving ever.  There are lots of reasons, but some minor ones were the cauliflower with loads of cumin and other hot spices, the chipotle sweet potatoes, and the rutabagas.  After dinner as we sat around visiting, Dad said, "We should get some family pictures."

"Why ruin a perfectly good holiday?" asked my sister.


So we didn't take any, which is fine, because we all probably looked about to burst.  I did photograph some of the boys' table decorations before the meal.  (Tip for mothers whose kids have Wednesday, November 23 off school, and they're starting to bicker: Get them busy making table decor.)

 



I will pass on this recipe for Persimmon Cranberry Sauce, which I've made for a few years now.  It's good to look at and better to eat.  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving day.  Our Lord is so good to us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Persimmons always remind me of Grandpa and Grandma's house. Love all the decorations, boys! Great job.