Thursday, April 14, 2011

Arizona, post #1



Last month my parents treated us all to a Grand Canyon trip. I had never been to the Grand Canyon, but in my younger and more brash days (she used to be more brash? you ask yourself), I talked about the Grand Canyon when discussing matters of faith.

"The fact that you don't believe God's word does not change reality," I would tell people. "It's as if you're saying you doubt the existence of the Grand Canyon. You can say it all you want, but if you drive up to it and look, you'll see a gigantic hole in the ground."

Well, no words, no painting, and no camera can do justice to that hole in the ground. It is beautiful enough to make a person cry. I had to stand there and face my own unbelief.











Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things that God hath prepared for them that love him. I Corinthians 2:9

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was hoping to get to see some pictures of your Arizona adventures. I love the picture with the light dusting of snow, not something you normally think about when picturing the Grand Canyon. The last picture of J and R is cute, such sweet boys!

The Respectable Redneck said...

You were right that picture of the boys is priceless. So sweet to see brothers being so gentle.

Brooke said...

Ah, I dream of going there someday. What is man?
I like the picture with you and your mama.

Sjo said...

Sounds like soo much fun, I would also love to visit there someday. Not so much with four toddlers tho". It is a great privilege to know the One who created such splendor!

NaomiG said...

Wow. Beautiful pictures, and I love the words that go with them. So very true.

That last picture is priceless.

(PS-I also married a man I call Yeti!)