Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Post that Resisted Being Named

During the Spouse's last business trip, he turned on the TV in his hotel room and got sucked into watching a show about hoarders. (You know, those poor souls who can't throw anything away. It's a real mental disorder - I can't even imagine.)

So last week, the Spouse started cleaning his office closet - in earnest. He told me, "Ever since I watched that program, I hate the clutter in that closet!"

"Are you paranoid about being a hoarder?" I asked. "Because, if you have to pick a hangup, paranoia is the best."

The Spouse kept cleaning. He filled the recycle bin with old papers. Then, he gave the boys several things he kept from his boyhood. I just have to share a few photos with you:





I apologize - this is SICK, just SICK:


The best of the collection, however, is the gigantic sunglasses the Spouse bought for himself at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio when he was ten years old.

"Maybe you are a hoarder," I finally told him.

He grinned at me, like a placid bee. "Doesn't it comfort you that you have a whole lifetime to explore the depths of my personality?"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was another Rubik's "tube" in that collection, because I saw it! You better have him start on the attic in the garage next!

NaomiG said...

LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Love the glasses, I think he should hang onto those. I just went through my trunk/chest the other night and I had forgotten about a lot of things in there, but you never know when you might need a kimono or an extravagant 80’s evening dress.

Red Freckle said...

Hey - I have a pair of those glasses in the toy box. Had some kids playing with them this morning, too. Glad to see you're purging your life of shtuff.