Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bacon Song

It really pays to read lots of quality books, poems, songs, plays and the like. I say this because if you do, someday as you're going about your life, performing one of your many quotidian tasks, a line of beautiful, timeless poetry might float into your mind and make your day.

(Or, as you're typing your blog, you use a word like "quotidian," because all that reading made your vocabulary a bit large and annoying to others.)

This happened to me a couple days ago, while I was on the patio, listlessly frying bacon with bare arms:

Just then the whole kitchen exploded
From boilin' fat
Food was flying everywhere
And I left without my hat

Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Deep.

Unknown said...

Mmmm. Bacon.

NaomiG said...

I think I might have to go listen to Bob Dylan and fry up some bacon now, thanks to this post.