Monday, January 12, 2009

J and his food



I have a few comments regarding my youngest son's diet. I try to keep it healthful, and for the most part, I feel I'm successful. Sometimes, though, his preferences confuse me.

For example, he'll pass up chocolate occasionally, which is hard for me to understand. He won't miss an opportunity to eat ice cream, which I understand perfectly.

He dislikes my tuna fish sandwiches very much, which is perplexing since I think my tuna salad is very nice. His aversion is so great that recently, when he gave thanks for his lunch of egg salad (which runs a close second to tuna salad on his don't-eat list), he prayed, "Lord, please help us to eat this lunch." However, last Saturday at a restaurant, he dug into a pile of raw, marinated ahi -see photo above - dunked it in soy sauce and barely let the rest of us have any.

I find his favorite food a completely sensible and delicious choice. Ask him what it is and he'll shout, "Enchiwada!"


4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Raw is okay but cooked isn't? Is it the mayo he doesn't like? What about using ranch dressing or sour cream instead.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try letting him eat his sandwich with chopsticks!

NaomiG said...

I hear ya, one day to the next food choices are different for Kiki. Debris will eat anything, anytime--except she passes up chocolate too!!!!, but K, very very very picky, but differently, one day to the next. That's awesome that he liked Ahi... Bet if you started going every week he'd change his mind tho?! K would.

Brooke said...

Expensive taste :) Good luck with that one. I'm hungry for some good sea food now.