I'm still blogging about spring break. Mid-June is past, the thermometer reads 90, greens and flowers fill the garden, birds nest all over the yard and poop on my windows, the gigantic (leaky) pool stands full in the driveway, and I'm still blogging about spring break.
So be it.
For the second half of our week in the Olympic Peninsula, we rented a cottage on Lake Crescent. The place was almost a century old, and smelled like it. The decor was bizarre, yet curiously photogenic. The view was lovely.
The no smoking sign on this cabinet was one of seven posted in this little house. I didn't smell smoke, just old house. The cabinet was interesting, though - an entire section opens on a swivel, and contains several trays of found objects.
I am taking this opportunity to change my elder son's blog handle. I never liked Sharpshooter that much, and it's my blog anyway. Last year, his guitar teacher - who has lived in Tennessee - started calling him "Moon Pie," which I like much better. The teacher assumed Russell's middle initial is C which most people do when they hear Karl. In the South, RC Cola and moon pie are a snack of legend, so he called him Moon Pie.
The boys insisted this duck fell in love with them. I hadn't the heart to tell them she was using them for their large supply of Dave's Killer Bread. I don't know how a duck can eat so much EXPENSIVE ORGANIC BREAD.
Evening falls. The boys stomp back into the house.
"Mom, the duck started going to the bathroom a lot."
"Yes, I bet she did."
That's all for spring break. I do hope to post again soon, but I know better than to promise.
3 comments:
Looks pretty cool. Does my house smell like that one?
looks so fun...paddling around, having a duck love you....what a fun trip! A Jane
It is always interesting to see how other people decorate their vacation homes. It looks like a great place to spend a few days!
Post a Comment