Friday, January 30, 2015

Well, hello


My husband returned to work last week. We've learned so much during the past couple months...here are just a few:
  1. Brain injuries are frightening and weird
  2. Neurology is a fascinating science
  3. We are fearfully and wonderfully made
(That third item is a quote from a poet-king, who was no stranger to war, and I wonder how many scars he carried, inside and out. They didn't have improvised explosive devices, but if an NFL player can suffer long-term brain trauma, consider what a warrior might endure.)

During his recovery, the Total Package decided to clean his office, and of course he unearthed another box of treasures whose provenance spans early childhood through college. I couldn't resist photographing them, so here's a peek:


This box has a lid the size of a quarter. I don't believe the tiny things inside came out of my husband's mouth. I think they're kidney stones, and he's just trying to fool me.

The next few items are crafts from camp or Scouts. The puppet is a monkey, I'm told, holding a handmade rubber-band gun.




The yo-yo: "I saved my money for that!"



What does it have in its pockets?




I could serve boys soda in these: "This is all you get!" We should probably get a University of Michigan glass, too, since we now have alumni (and alumni-to-be) in the family. The watch belonged to Karl's grandfather.




This pamphlet came with a pair of army boots, purchased years ago. The yelling-caps crack me up. That is naughty of me. TRENCH FOOT IS NO JOKE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the TOTAL PACKAGE (couldn't resist yelling) is back to work and organized. Happy for you guys! A Jane

The Chatty Housewife said...

Cool news! God is good!

Awesome treasures. Those skeleton keys are great!

Unknown said...

It's so fun to see treasures from childhood. I went through a few of mine the other day and shared them with the kids.

So glad Totes Pkg is recovering well! ;)