Wednesday, October 22, 2014

White stone

It's stormy here, raining buckets, and Switzerland seems far away. I'm not finished blogging about it, but I'm taking a break to show you something I keep on my kitchen windowsill.

It's been there several years (last week on the beach, my dad picked up a similar one). I look at it sometimes when I want to scream and throw things and walk away.


He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches: To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth except he that receiveth it.  Revelation 2:17

********

Strength of my heart, I need not fail - 
Not mine to fear but to obey;
With such a leader who could quail?
Thou art as Thou wert yesterday!

-author unknown

3 comments:

The Respectable Redneck said...

That is beautiful.
I'm afraid I'd pick up the stone and throw it.

klamb said...

I'm with you J~ we have a white stone made of balsa wood if you need to cast a stone!

Good verse daughter!

The Soares said...

Very neat verse! Thanks for sharing. I just recently read through Revelations, didn't get most of it but it keeps in perspective what is happening in this current world. God's plans far exceed any that man can ever conceive ~ SJo