Tuesday, October 15, 2013

All dogs go

Last weekend we said goodbye to Henry.  Henry was the sweetest, most patient and good-natured member of our family.  He rinsed my dinner dishes for almost twelve years.  He had the worst gas of any dog ever.  It could kill brain cells.  Henry made loud Wookie noises at random hours of the night, and rubbed his eye boogers on the sofa.

I made sure the last person he smelled on earth was me, and that the last thing he heard was me, telling him he was a good dog.  We will miss Henry, so much.











7 comments:

klamb said...

I couldn't see those last photos very clearly, will come back when the tears have dried. He was the greatest "granddog"

Brooke said...

Ah, so sorry for your loss. Your house won't seem the same without him around : ( Glad that he blessed you for so many years!

Kelly M. said...

Oh Kelly I am so sorry!!! Hugs to you and the boys!!

The Respectable Redneck said...

That last picture got me.

Unknown said...

Oh, that's hard to lose pets that are part of the family. What a wonderful tribute you gave him with words and pictures. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So sorry...It is nice to see his whole story unfold in the photo's...He and G-George had some things in common, eh? A Jane

Unknown said...

Oh man! Where have I been? So sorry to hear about Henry, he was indeed a great dog. I remember when you got him... he was a bit smaller back then! Hugs to you and all your boys. ♥