Thursday, September 19, 2013

Labor Day @ Cabin

It's a good thing I don't blog for an income.  How long ago was Labor Day?  Anyway, on Labor Day weekend we went to the cabin.


This photo is from 2010.  Since then, somebody painted the cabin a very weird color, but if it wasn't weird it wouldn't be the cabin.  When you stay at the cabin, this is where you go potty:


 
(Why do they call it that?)  And this is where you get water:
 
 
So, if you avoid the one, you can avoid the other.  Most of the cooking happens here:
 
 
And for fun, you can do the following:
 
 




To the Hall family - thanks so much for driving up to see us!  Here is a photo of a more quiet moment, as the Spouse, my dad and uncle all communed with nature.
 
 
At some point that weekend, we all decided, "Who needs indoor plumbing?  Who needs infrastructure?  Who needs the luxuries of life?"   So we changed our political views:
 

 Just kidding!  HA HAHAHAHAHA!  Ha.
 
  
My Grandma spent most of both days with us.  She loves the cabin for lots of reasons, but mostly because it reminds her of Grandpa, who has been with Jesus twelve years now.  Speaking of Grandpa and the luxuries of life, he (not a rich man, but a brick mason, forced out of work by rheumatoid arthritis) had a favorite comment when he was at the cabin:
 
"I wonder what all the poor people do."
 
 
 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Heavenly! What amazing memories you are creating for your whole family. Thanks for sharing, Kelly.

Unknown said...

Heavenly! What amazing memories you are creating for your whole family. Thanks for sharing, Kelly.

shawna said...

I LOVE YOU.

The Soares said...

What fun times! Reminds me of times at my Grandpa and Grandma's place in the woods... especially the mutilated pop cans! :D ~SJo

Unknown said...

Ahhh, I have such fond memories of that cabin and I'll probably leave that as a comment every time you post about it. So fond that I don't recall having to use the outhouse or have the luxury of running water. Probably because I was a kid and didn't have to be responsible for cooking or washing dishes, etc. ;)