In Beijing, while the Spouse worked, I toured the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven. Together, the Spouse and I visited the Summer Palace, a park-like compound where the emperors could relax during hot summers. These places were all very large, and it seemed like every bridge, room and passageway had a special name.
The Forbidden City had the Hall of Celestial and Terrestrial Union, and the Gate of Peaceful Old Age, to list just a couple of its 9,999 rooms. At the Temple of Heaven are spaces such as the Imperial Vault of Heaven, the Palace of Abstinence, and the Pavilion of Immolation. (I don't want to know.) The Summer Palace was sprawling and leafy and included the Hall of Utmost Blessing and the Hall of Benevolence and Longevity.
I tell you all this because I'm writing a post about our main bathroom remodel.
We gutted the room because it was ugly and it stunk. The photo above shows you why it stunk. That entire nook had, quite possibly, only been used by a handful of females since 1973. Basically, the entire area had become one big urinal; the toilet was only a meek suggestion.
I posted these same demolition photos in early July...and it is now October. The boys helped with demo, I painted walls & cabinets, the Spouse did most of the tile, replaced the tub and loo and did the plumbing, and the Corian people did the countertop. Many thanks to our friend Dave, who re-installed the counters while the Spouse was traveling. Today the Spouse and I popped towel hooks on the walls, and for the most part we can say we're finished.
The original mirror was huge and the edges were all dinged up - see above. So we re-hung it and I bought mdf boards from Home Depot. The Spouse cut them to frame the mirror, I sanded & painted, then we stuck them straight to the glass with Liquid Nails.
So the room is no longer ugly, and there is no stench.. Therefore, it is the Bathroom of Olfactory Blessing.

3 comments:
a. Name is funny
b. "the toilet was only a meek suggestion." is even funnier.
c. I have looked at that shower curtain and loved it many times.
d. your bathroom loves beautiful!
I love it!!! Everything looks fabulous. I was wondering where else you would find such a large, good looking mirror (perhaps longer than a certain mirror we both have in common?). And I absolutely approve of the shower curtain.
I must add my two cents.....It is a beautiful bathroom, and a huge improvement, but not previously as "olfactory" as she inferred!☻
Post a Comment