Saturday, June 16, 2012

Yellowstone

If your kids like funny-looking, semi-dangerous animals and volcanos and boiling mud and stinking steam and things burping out of the ground, then Yellowstone is an ideal family destination.  I will try the impossible and summarize our whole trip in one post.

  1. Drive a long, long way.
  2. Stop and play with friends
  3. See funny-looking animals, geysers, belching mud pots, etc.
  4. Watch the shoot-out in Jackson Hole.
  5. See more stinky, steamy geyser basins and a grizzly bear.
  6. Stop and see some neato relatives.
  7. Drive a long, long way home.
  8. Drive your parents crazy in the car.
  9. Remember it all forever.












5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great place to visit, I'm so glad you all go the opportunity to go! I saw some pictures of some strapping young cowboys on a sawhorse, the hats suit them well! ♥

Brooke said...

Those are some weirdos you visited! Beautiful pictures, though.

The Respectable Redneck said...

Snort* I don't even know how to describe my emotions when I saw that second picture! Who would have thought J could distort his face like that and how did R end up in that position? It is all very 'Calvin and Hobbes' and 'No, David!' However the house looks gorgeous, and you look delighted with your children's face making abilities :).
Beautiful pictures of the park. I especially like the canyon shot.

The Chatty Housewife said...

I love Yellowstone! So cool that you saw a bison calf with its mommy!

NaomiG said...

Sounds like the PERFECT family vacation!!! Love all the pics!