On Saturday the Spouse told me, "I'll go to Costco for you," which was very nice since I dislike the weekend crowds.
You may have stories like those my women-friends have told, about taking husbands to Costco and the whole Personal Costco System goes haywire. Most of us have a Personal Costco System which dictates what we normally buy and how we navigate the store, and our husbands aren't aware of it, and when they come with us we find ourselves on strange aisles that contain flooring and power tools or mats to put on the garage floor. Then near the checkout, we notice that somehow a box of brownie bites appeared in our cart.
So the Spouse was at Costco a long time, and I knew deep down he might go off-list.
Finally the car pulled in and I helped unload.
"I went a little off-list," he said.
This is something I've seen on the shelf and knew the Spouse would like, but never bought it because I tend not to deviate. It's delicious, by the way. The second off-list item is something I love to eat but rarely buy due to the cost:
If you haven't tried it, Dave's bread is excellent, and his story is amazing.
Off-list item number three says volumes about the Spouse:
A word to young, single women. As you consider marriage, please also consider marrying an engineer. It's likely that he'll be able to fix anything around your house, and he'll get as much pleasure out of buying a superbly designed vacuum cleaner as he would from a speedboat. Also, after he assembles your vacuum cleaner, he'll test-drive it all over your living-room floor.
6 comments:
That's great! Does this mean that "Dave" has retired?
If my husband brought new vacuum cleaners home I'd send him shopping more often. :)
We're weird. We usually go to Costco together and we rarely get anything not on the list. The list is almost exactly the same every time and I print it out and check off what I need as I need it. So boring!
I love that vacuum cleaner, is it a good one? I only ask because I'm sort of thinking of shopping for a new one. I can't stand mine that we bought from Costco and am thinking of trying to return it but I'm not sure how long I've had it/Costco's return policy on such things.
The sports car of vacuums--looks like the boys will want to take it for a test drive too--and maybe you'll be looking at clean carpets for a long time :)
That's awesome. I LOVE it when my husband goes grocery shopping. He buys treats or new things to try, spends money without batting an eye and has zero guilt over it, and I don't have to do it. :-) He's not an engineer, but I am very blessed because he's particular about me having good appliances. It's nice to be cared for like that. :-)
A little off list, Spouse? ;) Glad it's working out for you guys! Maybe I'll take it for a test drive myself in a couple months.
:) I love the phrase "going off-list." PERFECT description! And I am drooling over your vacuum.
Post a Comment