Thursday, April 26, 2012

Keep walking up

You have not passed this way heretofore.  Joshua 3:4

Weekend before last, to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary, the Spouse and I went to a desert...


and hiked...


...up a mountain.


If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure. Exodus 18:23

It was beautiful and worthwhile and difficult.  On the descent, every time I rested my right leg shook uncontrollably.  So we kept moving, and we kept praying and thinking about what the Rogers were going through.  At the top we prayed, and at the bottom we prayed, because we knew that right then, our assembly back home was gathering to pray and plead and humble ourselves under the mighty hand.

A weekend later, Suzanne's memorial was a victory cry.  I don't know how else to describe it.  Now we're all doing our best to gather around Mel and the kids and support them through this next phase.  I think we would all appreciate your prayers as we try to help, and not smother, but just give what's needed.

The way is dark, My child! but leads to light:
I would not always have you walk by sight;
My dealings now you cannot understand;
I meant it so, but I will take your hand.
 
 
The way is long, My child! but it shall be
Not one step longer than is best for thee;
And you shall know, at last, when you shall stand
Safe at the goal, how I did take your hand.

(Author unknown)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying for you all up there, especially for Mel and the kids. We know it is felt so deeply by all of you in the assembly and trust the Lord for all that is to come.

NaomiG said...

Mel and family, and the assembly are in all our daily prayers. May He give you all a special sense of His presence right now.