Friday, August 5, 2011

How would Emily...

...have liked social media?

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog,
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!


Emily Dickinson


3 comments:

Brooke said...

Shucks, now none of us can respond because it makes us a frog. I used to like that poem a lot. Now it is gathering dust with lots of her other poems in a book I rarely pick up. Some day...

kdk said...

Don't worry, Brooke, we're all frogs!

NaomiG said...

I love Emily. I just posted the whole of one of my favorites of hers--"Hope is the Thing With Feathers" on my Facebook status update the other day. The irony of that coupled with this post actually cracks me up just a bit now. :-)