Monday, April 5, 2010

First North Carolina Post



The Spouse and I just returned from five days in North Carolina (Raleigh-Durham, Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach). The boys stayed with G&G Lamb. My mom even did school with them; I convinced them that spring break is for wusses, and then proceeded to take one myself. Hmm.

I'll comment about all the food I ate in another post.

Wrightsville Beach:











Some parking spots are worth thirty dollars, especially after fighting traffic out to Wrightsville beach (hour one), hunting a nonexistent parking spot (hour two), then parking, along with about seventy other flinty-eyed, hardened criminals, a mile off the beach in a non-parking spot next to the police station. The stealth police station disguised as a parks & rec building:



Shells and rocks I found on the beach (penny added to indicate size):





Unlike the West Coast, there are churches everywhere, and they even talk Southern on the signs outside (AMEN anyhow!):

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the headless seagull and the bodyless alligator. Not to mention the confederate flag in the background... but it's cool, we're about to get a North Carolinian married into the Adkins family! :)

NaomiG said...

Cool! I'd love to go to that general vicinity sometime. While we may live on the left coast, there's a mind boggling amount of churches in this little town, it was very surprising to me-I'd never seen a church on every block before. Love all the pictures, and really loved your spouses comment on my blog. :-) It shall now be called the nose potty. :-)

Brooke said...

Fun trip--was it harder to convince your mom or the boys to do school? : ) I remember a lot of spoiling on her part of both me and my brothers! (And we loved every ounce of it, KLamb)