En route home yesterday, I got a bit hungry between exits 70 and 60, and it just so happened that we needed to cash in our 401k and buy a tank of gas. Fortunately, the 76 Food Mart had truck stop sandwiches (alternately called gas station sandwiches), which I happen to love. They keep them in a cooler, in triangle-shaped plastic containers. They're labeled Turkey Cheese or Beef Cheddar, and cost about $3.99. I had to have one.
These particular sandwiches were made in Spanaway, Washington, and I can say that until that point, I hadn't sampled the local cuisine of Spanaway. They were quite good. Like all truck stop sandwiches, they consisted of buttered wheat bread, cheese, and meat. Simple. Beautiful.
If you ever buy a one, don't be tempted by the sandwiches on rolls or Hoagie buns. The bread-to-filling ratio is all wrong.
The ideal dessert to follow this meal is (sigh):
2 comments:
LOL about cashing in your 401K! True, though! :) Hmmm....I'll have to remembed about those sandwiches on the way to Seattle sometime. Glad you all had a good time at the reception!
Hey Jenn, your new photo is very glamorous.
Post a Comment